Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. The perception of success of such interactions is dependent on employees “who can adjust themselves to the personality of the guest”. Customer service concerns the priority an organization assigns to customer service relative to components such as Customer specific system requirement, product innovation and pricing. In this sense, an organization that values good customer service may spend more money in training employees to meet Customer specific system requirement than the average organization or may proactively interview customers for feedback.
From the point of view of an overall marketing & sales process effort, customer service to provide compliances against Customer specific system requirement plays an important role in an organization’s ability to generate income and revenue. From that perspective, customer compliances against Customer specific system requirement should be included as part of an overall approach to systematic improvement. One good customer service experience can change the entire perception a customer holds towards the organization.
Create a culture of compliance against Customer specific system requirement around food safety within the organization
• Identify food safety risks in the company’s operations to establish Customer specific system requirement
• Have a competitive edge with a food safety management plan that addresses compliance aspects along the product life cycle
• Comply with international , national regulations and Customer specific system requirement around food safety
• Educate employees with respect to food safety requirements and repercussions of non-compliance
• Increase stakeholder confidence — customers, regulators and investors
• Mitigate the probability of product approval rejections or recalls
• Stay updated with changing food safety regulatory requirements With increased scrutiny by regulators and rapid consumer empowerment, food businesses are required to invest in food safety compliance systems to establish credibility and trust.